Terms and conditions
Please read all these terms and conditions.
As we can accept your order for service and make a legally enforceable agreement without further reference to you, you must read these terms and conditions to make sure that they contain all that you want and nothing that you are not happy with. If you are not sure about anything, just phone us on 02036374132.
- These Terms and Conditions will apply to the purchase of the services by you (the Customer or you). We are FA Removals LTD Limited a company registered in England and Wales under number 11274809 whose registered office is at One Canada Square, Canary Wharf, London, E14 5AB with email address: email@example.com; telephone number 02036374132; (us or we).
- . These are the terms on which we sell all Services to you. By ordering any of the Services, you agree to be bound by these Terms and Conditions. You can only purchase the Services from the
Website if you are eligible to enter into a contract
3. Consumer means an individual acting for purposes which are wholly or mainly outside his or her trade, business, craft or profession;
- Contract means the legally-binding agreement between you and us for the supply of the Services;
- Delivery Location means the Supplier’s premises or other location where the Services are to be supplied, as set out in the Order;
- Durable Medium means paper or email, or any other medium that allows information to be addressed personally to the recipient, enables the recipient to store the information in a way accessible for future reference for a period that is long enough for the purposes of the information, and allows the unchanged reproduction of the information stored;
- Goods means any goods that we supply to you with the Services, of the number and description as set out in the Order;
- Order means the Customer’s order for the Services from the Supplier as submitted following the step by step process set out on the Website;
- Services means the services advertised on the Website, including any Goods, of the number and description set out in the Order;
- Website means our website www.faremovals.com on which the Services are advertised.
- The description of the Services is as set out in the Website, catalogues, brochures or other forms of advertisement. Any description is for illustrative purposes only.
- In the case of Services catered to your special requirements, it is your responsibility to ensure that any information or specification you provide is accurate.
- All Services which appear on the Website are subject to availability.
- We can make changes to the Services which are necessary to comply with any applicable law or safety requirement. We will notify you of these changes.
- You must cooperate with us in all matters relating to the Service, provide us and our authorized employees and representatives with access to any premises under your control as required, provide us with all information required to perform the Service and obtain any necessary licenses and consents (unless otherwise agreed).
- Failure to comply with the above is a Customer default which entitles us to suspend performance of the Service until you remedy it or if you fail to remedy it following our request, we can terminate the Contract with immediate effect on written notice to you.
- We retain and use all information strictly under the GDPR.
- We may contact you by using e-mail or other electronic communication methods and by pre-paid post only if you expressly agree to this.
Basis of Sale
- The description of the Services on our website does not constitute a contractual offer to sell the Services. When an Order for the service has been submitted on the Website, we can reject it for any reason although we will try to tell you the reason without delay.
- The Order process is set out on the Website. Each step allows you to check and amend any errors before submitting the Order. It is your responsibility to check that you have used the ordering process correctly.
- A Contract will be formed for the Services ordered only when you receive an email from us confirming the Order (Order Confirmation). You must ensure that the Order Confirmation is complete and accurate and inform us immediately of any errors. We are not responsible for any inaccuracies in the Order placed by you. By placing an Order you agree to us giving you confirmation of the Contract by means of an email with all information in it (ie the Order Confirmation). You will receive the Order Confirmation within a reasonable time after making the Contract, but in any event not later than the performance of any services supplied under the Contract.
- Any quotation or estimate of Fees (as defined below) is valid for a maximum period of 14 days from its date unless we expressly withdraw it at an earlier time.
- No variation of the Contract, whether about description of the Services, Fees or otherwise, can be made after it has been entered into unless the variation is agreed by the Customer and Ourselves in writing.
- We intend that these Terms and Conditions apply only to a Contract entered into by you as a Consumer. If this is not the case, you must tell us, so that we can provide you with a different contract with terms which are more appropriate for you and which might, in some respects, be better for you, eg by giving you rights as a business.
Fees and Payment
- The fees for the service and any additional charges are set out on the website at the date we accept the order or such other price as we may agree in writing. Price for service may be calculated on a fixed price or on a standard daily rate basis.
26a) Should a client choose to reschedule their removal service before the 48 hours notice period, their deposit will be held for 6 weeks. After the 6 weeks, the deposit is forfeited and a new deposit will be required.
- Fees and charges include VAT at the rate applicable at the time of the Order.
- 28a. Furthermore, all deposits are non-refundable upon payment. All outstanding payments must be made by 12pm on the day of removal and failure to do so may result in legal action being taken and or goods being seized. 28b. Any Jobs cancelled or rescheduled within 24 hours of the move, this includes packing, loading or removals (whichever comes first) will result in the total job price and any monies paid thus far being forfeited. You will need to rebook your job again should you wish to still move with us.
- A minimum of 48 hours notice must be given after a deposit has been paid if you wish to reschedule your job; failure to do so, will result in your deposit being forfeited.
29b. Dates that do need to be changed are subject to availability.
29c. Please note that your deposit is non-refundable, unless due to a fault of FA Removals.
29d. Any refunds made by FA Removals, may take up to 3 to 30 working days once bank details have been received.
29e. Should you wish to cancel, you may do this at any time but any fees that had been paid to FA Removals up until the point of cancellation would also be non-refundable.
29f. If the team has arrived at your property and your move does not go ahead, you will be liable to pay the full amount of your removal cost.
- Any waiting time for key collection will be charged at a minimum of £150 per hour for every hour we do not have access to your property.
- We will deliver the Service by the time or within the agreed period.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Service on time, you can require us to reduce the Fees or charges by an appropriate amount (including
the right to receive a refund for anything already paid above the reduced amount). The amount of the reduction can, where appropriate, be up to the full amount of the Fees or charges.
- In any case, regardless of events beyond our control, if we do not deliver the Service on time, you can (in addition to any other remedies) treat the Contract at an end if: 1. we have refused to deliver the Service, or if delivery on time is essential taking into account all the relevant circumstances at the time the contract was made, or you said to us before the Contract was made that delivery on time was essential; or 1 After we have failed to deliver on time, you have specified a later period which is appropriate to the circumstances and we have not delivered within that period.
- If you treat the Contract at an end, we will (in addition to other remedies) promptly return all payments made under the Contract.
- If you were entitled to treat the Contract at an end, but do not do so, you are not prevented from cancelling the Order for any Service or rejecting Service that have been delivered and, if you do this, we will (in addition to other remedies) without delay return all payments made under the contract for any such cancelled or rejected Service. If the Service has been delivered, no refund will be applicable.
- We do not generally deliver service to addresses outside England and Wales,
Scotland, Northern Ireland, the Isle of Man and Channels Islands. If, however, we accept an Order for service for delivery outside that area, you may need to pay extra charges
- If you or your nominee fail, through no fault of ours, to take delivery of the Service, full payment may still be charged.
- A full payment is required prior to the removal itself for any redelivery held at any FA Removals storage facilities.
- We have a legal duty to supply the Service in conformity with the Contract, and will not have conformed if it does not meet the obligation set out in the contract.
- We will supply the Service with reasonable skill and care.
- In relation to the Service, anything we say or write to you, or anything someone else says or writes to you on our behalf, about us or about the Service, is a term of the Contract (which we must comply with) if you take it into account when deciding to enter this contract, or when making any decision about the Service after entering into this Contract. Anything you take into account is subject to anything that qualifies it and was said or written to you by us or on behalf of us on the same occasion, and any change to it that has been expressly agreed between us (before entering this Contract or later).
Duration, termination and suspension
- The Contract continues as long as it takes us to perform the Service.
- Either you or we may terminate the Contract or suspend the Service at any time by a written notice of termination or suspension to the other if that other: 1. commits a serious breach, or series of breaches resulting in a serious breach, of the Contract and the breach either cannot be fixed or is not fixed within 30 days of the written notice; or 1. Is subject to any step towards its bankruptcy or liquidation.
- On termination of the Contract for any reason, any of our respective remaining rights and liabilities will not be affected.
Successors and our sub-contractors
- Either party can transfer the benefit of this Contract to someone else, and will remain liable to the other for its obligations under the Contract. The Supplier will be liable for the acts of any subcontractors who it chooses to help perform its duties.
Circumstances beyond the control of either party
- In the event of any failure by a party because of something beyond its reasonable control: 1. the party will advise the other party as soon as reasonably practicable; and 1. the party’s obligations will be suspended so far as is reasonable, provided that that party will act reasonably, and the party will not be liable for any failure which it could not reasonably avoid, but this will not affect the Customer’s above rights relating to delivery (and the right to cancel below). FA Removals LTD must deem the customer (you) to have acted reasonably before suspension of the contract can be enforced.
- The Supplier does not exclude liability for (I) any fraudulent act or omission; or (ii) death or personal injury caused by negligence or breach of the Supplier’s other legal obligations. Subject to this, we are not liable for (I) loss which was not reasonably foreseeable to both parties at the time when the Contract was made, or (ii) loss (e.g. loss of profit) to your business, trade, craft or profession
which would not be suffered by a Consumer – because we believe you are not buying the Service wholly or mainly for your business, trade, craft or profession.
Governing law, jurisdiction and complaints
- The Contract (including any non-contractual matters) is governed by the law of England and Wales.
- Disputes can be submitted to the jurisdiction of the courts of England and Wales or, where the Customer lives in Scotland or Northern Ireland, in the courts of respectively Scotland or Northern Ireland.
- We try to avoid any dispute, so we deal with complaints as follows: If a dispute occurs customers should contact us to find a solution. We will aim to respond with an appropriate solution within 5 working days.
Cooling off period – Your quotation will be valid for 6 weeks depending on availability.
- The customer (you) have the option of purchasing our Bronze (up to £40 per item), Silver (£10,000), Gold (£30,000) and Gold Plus (£70,000) Insurance and additionally £1,000,000 worth of public liability insurance.
- All claims are capped up to £40 per item unless the customer takes extended insurance – The insurance covers all furniture moved by FA Removals LTD and personal belongings packed by FA Removals LTD.
- If the customer agrees to pack their belonging, FA Removals LTD will only cover the large furniture moved by FA Removals
- In exceptional circumstances, FA Removals LTD may agree to cover belongings packed by the customer but this will be agreed upon in advance and in writing
- Any claims received after a 7 days of the service being delivered will be refused – All excess is payable by the customer
- An excess of £500.00 is payable per every claim.
- Customers moving out of a storage facility that was not facilitated by FA Removals or where FA Removals did not move them into, may ultimately not be liable for any damages incurred.
- Once a claim is in process, if the claimant us unresponsive for 8 consecutive weeks, your claim will be automatically dismissed and you will not be able to make another claim.